Your dog has not yet been buckled up in the car? should that change? Very reasonable!
If you transport your dog on the back seat or in a car seat, you have to secure it accordingly. This is even prescribed in the road traffic regulations and of course not only serves your safety, but also that of your dog in the car! You can find ours here Tips and recommendations about the best car harness for dogs.
Car harness checklist
The load, including devices for securing the load and loading equipment, must be stowed and secured in such a way that, even in the event of emergency braking or sudden evasive movements, they cannot slip, fall over, roll back and forth, fall or generate avoidable noise.
- What is a car dog harness? It is a good harness that is intended for buckling up the dog in the car. The dishes are either with a Seat belt locked in the belt lock or attached directly to the personal safety belt.
- Compared to everyday dishes A good car harness should definitely meet the following criteria:
- The ADAC advises on “fully sewn eyelets, stable hook made of steel or aluminum and one good fit“To watch out for, preferably with a belt system with double fastening.
- A wide chest area with paddingin order to optimally distribute the forces acting on them. For small dogs, a particularly wide belt can be sufficient; for larger dogs, a harness with a breastplate is recommended. Otherwise, straps that are too thin can cut into them.
- Material, seams and metal parts are designed to hold in place even in an emergency. In the event of an emergency stop, absurd forces act on the harness. So when in doubt, car harness needs more from can as an everyday dish. Tear-proof straps and impeccable workmanship are a must.
- The safety harness for the car must fit perfectly and must not slip. This of course applies to all dog harnesses, but is extremely important in the event of an actual accident.
- Avoid weak points such as straps that are too easily adjustable and inferior click fasteners. What hardly holds up in normal use cannot withstand the stresses and strains of an accident situation!
- Lots Dog harnesses for the car are already Supplied with a suitable seat belt to buckle up. If this belt doesn’t meet your expectations, you should get one Buy a good seat belt for dogs.
- Lots of the normal ones Everyday dishes, especially of the type Norwegian, are mM according to unsuitable, as these harnesses tend to offer too much leeway to slip, they tend to slip onto the dog’s larynx when pulled and are not always that break-proof.
- Note that so-called “Safety harnesses“Are unsuitable as car harnesses for dogs! Because these harnesses are intended for panic dogs and breakout artists and have an additional waist belt that lies behind the ribs. This belt can cut into the soft tissues of the dog under the influence of force. Since some car harnesses are advertised as “safety harnesses for the car”, there is a risk of confusion.
Recommended car harnesses for dogs
What is the best dog harness for car seat belts? As always, the same applies to this piece of dog clothing … Not every harness fits every dog! Anyone who has a dog with a special physique certainly knows the problem.
If you really can’t find a good solution for buckling up your dog in the car, you should get one other securing the dog in the car think. For example in a Pet crate or in the trunk with a good partition grille.
Best seller: car harnesses for dogs
If you are curious which dog car harness others have bought: Here you can find it Amazon bestseller in line with this topic:
Articles from our blog
Animal Christmas: How to have a safe holiday with your animal? Noel des Animaux: The ...
Short-leggedness is one of the defining traits for many dog breeds. From a veterinary and ...
Curvature A disease that affects cats and their owners What is a cat moth? It ...
Cat sterilization: things suggest Cat sterilization: what are the pros and cons? This is the ...